Friday, August 15, 2014

Introducing The Oracle's Logbook

It seems that I've developed something of a sleeping pattern that works for me. Up until now I just kept going until I had to lay down, slept a few hours, and got up and went at it again. Now I have gotten into the habit of listening to evening mantras as I am lighting the evening candles at twilight. Often, I offer incense as well as the illumination from the flame of each candle. The candles are nice as an ease in the transition from daylight into the dark of the coming night. I work a bit more, watch a movie, or just some videos, then around 8 or 9 pm I go to bed. I sleep for about 6 hours usually and get up around 2:30 or 3 am. This way I can take my time in preparation for the day. Altar maintenance, self care, plant care, bird care. general household chores, then morning mantras as I do my morning prayers before sunrise. The light in my room begins to come alive and the first hint of daybreak begins to show in the East as I am finishing up. I get to enjoy the sun coming up from the window as I sip my coffee and enjoy the smell of the lingering incense. I begin my day in earnest about 8 am.

I'm not sure how I feel about doing journal type posts on this particular blog. I had a whole different direction in mind with article-like posts, but because of copyright laws I am having to find an alternative method to discuss the subjects I want to discuss. I have always been more comfortable writing in this journal type format anyway. I will just have to face my fear of appearing or actually being stupid. My negative self talk just informed me that people will probably say something like, "Ignorant yes, but stupid no." Or, "This guy is completely off his rocker." However, my positive self talk comes to the rescue and says, "You are independent of the good or bad opinion of others." Whatever...you guys can take my posts as you will. I hope that you will enjoy coming along for this ride I call my life. My most recent revelation was that the goal of my life or my grand purpose, doesn't have to be to attain enlightenment. That took a load off my mind. Yeah, I'll probably have to be reincarnated and continue on in Samsara...but I already figured that anyway. At least now I can work on it, but not like I have to get it done before I die. Granted, it would be nice if I were to be able to do it, but it will be okay if I just gain some ground in the pursuit.

I discovered some YouTube videos that would be really informative if you are thinking about finding out about your subtle energy body and the Chakras. The gentleman's name is Peter Marchand. He is an author, teacher, and one of the founders of the Sanatan Society. I wish I had found these back when I was just starting out with the subject. Here is the link:  The 7 Chakras: Desires of the Chakras. I think instead of calling these type posts journal entries, I will call them entries into The Oracle's Logbook...it seems to stir the imagination a bit more. That's always a good, pleasant thing to do.

Enjoy Life!

No comments: